The fact that parasitic organisms live in the human body is not understood immediately by a person. At first, the symptoms that indicate the presence of worms in the body are blurred, and the person may not know the real cause of the disease. Gradually, the problem worsens, the state of health deteriorates, and only when the state of health is permanently undermined does one realize that his body is inhabited by parasites. Preventive medicine deals with how to determine the presence of parasites in the human body and attempts to provide people with basic information about parasite invasions and major threats to human health.
Symptoms of a parasitic infection
There are a lot of parasites and they work, multiply and grow thanks to the "host". How do you know if there are any parasites? Their waste products poison the body and, if they accumulate significantly, lead to serious health problems. The main symptoms of helminthic invasion are as follows:
- disorders of the excretory system - diarrhea may occur due to the body's reaction to specific substances in the excretory organs of the parasite or constipation, as the accumulation of parasites may impede the movement of food masses in the intestines;
- painful sensations in the stomach, increased gas production;
- skin changes - the skin will be pale, rough or flaky;
- sleep disorders - a person does not sleep well, his dream is superficial and sensitive, gnashing of teeth indirectly indicates infection with worms;
- various allergic reactions appear - skin rash, redness;
- the person's weight changes in the direction of weight gain or sudden weight loss;
- a person feels unmotivated irritability;
- painful feelings in the joints and muscles increase;
- malignant tumors - undermining the condition of the immune system as a result of prolonged attack on the body of parasites, leading to the development of oncology;
- common colds appear as the immune system deteriorates.
How to determine the presence of parasites in the human body? The specialist can confidently tell if there is an invasion and which one after collecting a number of signs, anamnesis and analysis.
Proper hygiene must be observed to avoid infection with parasites. It may contain the following elements:
- wash your hands after using the toilet and public places;
- wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly before eating;
- follow the rules of safe pet care;
- avoid consuming wildlife meat;
- cook the meat products properly;
- avoid buying products on spontaneous markets;
- do not eat lightly salted fish;
- do not swim in unknown lakes and rivers.
Visible manifestations of the disease
Once established in the human body, parasites only affect external and internal organs and systems.
Visible possible manifestations of helminth infection include:
- allergic reactions: rash, Quincke's edema, fever, itching - the severity of the manifestation depends on the localization, the number of parasites;
- disorders of the digestive system;
- skin manifestations in the form of ulcers, inflammation, acne, papillomas;
- pallor of the mucous membranes and skin;
- problems with nails and hair - fragility, fading;
- weight loss;
- common headache;
- gnashing of teeth during sleep;
- severe tiredness, difficulty concentrating;
- cough without signs of cold or inflammation;
- swelling of the legs and arms;
- muscle pain;
- nervous system disorders - depression, loss of energy, anxiety.
The obvious signs of the presence of parasites in the body are:
- gastrointestinal disorders;
- severe itching in the anal area;
- Detection of helminth samples in faeces or vomiting.
Usually, an infected family member infects the others, and the similarity of symptoms is the basis of the diagnosis.
Diseases due to infection of helminths
When a person becomes infected with parasites, the body responds to the alien life within it with a number of diseases. How to find out if there is a parasite in the body? You need to analyze your feelings and all the symptoms. Among the acquired diseases, the following can be distinguished:
- papillomas - papillomas that appear in large numbers on the skin as a result of the presence of worms in the body;
- asthmatic manifestations - asthma attacks are often the consequences of the presence of parasites in the body;
- allergic reactions - microscopic violation of the integrity of the walls of the organ and the entry of food fragments into the bloodstream as a result of penetration into the gut, which the body responds to in the form of various types of reactions. allergies;
- endocrine diseases - can be the result of invasions;
- the female body responds to the presence of parasites by violating the menstrual cycle, inflammation of the ovaries, myomas, fibromas;
- men have genital dysfunction - impotence, inflammation of the prostate, adenoma.
The body's response depends on the person's general health.
The world of parasites in the human body
There are a large number of parasites present in the human body that cause various diseases:
- pinworm - enterobiasis disease;
- toxocara - toxocariasis disease;
- hookworm - a disease of the hookworm;
- ascaris - a disease of ascariasis;
- swine tapeworm - teniasis disease;
- bovine tapeworm - a disease of teniarinhoses;
- broad tapeworm - diphyllobothriasis disease;
- echinococcus - a disease of echinococcosis;
- alveococcus - a disease of alveococcosis;
- Lamblia is a disease of giardiasis.
Pinworms are a common helminth in children. In the thick and thin part of the intestine, a small worm lives, comes out, lays eggs on the host's skin, underwear. The eggs ripen very quickly and remain viable in the environment for a long time. It enters people through household items and toys. If an infected person lives in the family, the risk of infection for the rest of the family is quite high.
Toksokara is an intestinal worm that lives in the intestines of dogs. If the rules of walking are violated, the feces of the dogs end up in the sandbox of the children and this is the cause of the toxocariasis infection. Very dangerous helminthiasis, which can cause death or severe disability if the toxocar enters the eyes, heart, lungs, brain, and other vital organs. Ascaris enters the human body with food and dirty hands. Anemia is a consequence of the presence of an organism in the human body, as nematodes feed on blood components. The movement of larvae through the human body leads to allergic manifestations, arthritis and eczema. When it enters vital organs, health complications occur: intestinal obstruction, purulent inflammation.
An ankylostoma enters the human body by walking barefoot or orally. Its presence in the body results in severe anemia and rashes on the lower and upper extremities. The broad tapeworm is a true long-livered parasite in humans. It can grow to more than twenty meters in length and live for more than twenty years. It occupies vast spaces in the human gut environment, causing significant damage and causing discomfort and failure in all systems. Man does not get enough nutrients, vitamins, because the parasite absorbs them from the intestine with the entire surface of its body. Infection occurs through improperly processed fish products. The presence of the parasite is manifested in gastrointestinal disorders, weakness and impotence.
Pigs and bovine tapeworms - the parasite enters humans with meat products, the movement of larvae in the body with blood flow is a serious danger when it enters vital organs. The parasites reach several meters in length and live for about twenty years. Echinococci and alveococci are parasitic invasions that enter the human body after contact with worm-infected animals, drinking poor quality water, and eating berries and vegetables. Migratory larvae colonize the organs, forming cysts and suppressing the organ. A dangerous condition is a violation of the integrity of the cyst.
Giardia is the simplest parasite that primarily affects groups of children. They get into the body through toys, unwashed hands, and multiply very quickly and en masse. The disease manifests itself in abdominal pain, anorexia, and lack of physical and mental development. Drug treatment affects the parasites, the parasites are killed or leave the host. People need to take responsibility for their health. If you notice any unusual symptoms or changes in your health, have your body checked. Determining the presence of worms is an important step because a neglected disease can cause not only deterioration in health but also danger to life.