Parasites are a very serious problem these days. There are many ways to get rid of them that can be used at home and for prevention.
Despite the fact that the level of hygiene is quite high nowadays and the pharmaceutical market offers various means of removing helminth samples, the issues related to the infection of the human body with parasites and the ways of their removal do not lose their relevance. First, it is due to the fact that parasites are widespread in nature. Second, the human body is a complex system that is closely related to the external environment.
From the first seconds of life, it is colonized by various microorganisms. This process takes a lifetime, and "settlers" are not always helpful. Parasites try to get into a favorable environment for further development and reproduction. Along with drugs, there are folk methods to control parasites. Sometimes they are very interesting, such as destroying parasites with cognac.
Types of parasites
The classification of parasites is very extensive, so only those that are widespread and most common are considered.
Through the localization of the body, all parasites are dissolved:
- is extraintestinal.
The following groups of helminth samples are distinguished by biological characteristics:
- nematodes or globular worms;
- tapeworms or cestodes;
- flukes or trematodes.
Depending on the life cycle characteristics, all parasites are divided into such groups.
- Biohelm samples- There are several stages of development during their life cycle, all of which take place in the host. The latter can be intermediate where the next phase of growth takes place and final where puberty and worm reproduction take place.
- Geohelm samples- spread through the soil where the eggs reach.
- Infectious species- spread directly from one host to another.
The most common groups of nematodes in humans are pinworms, roundworms, whipworms, and Trichinella. The latter are the most dangerous because they live in the muscles responsible for eye movement, the heart muscle, the respiratory muscles, and can trigger cardiac and respiratory arrest.
Tapeworms belong to the class of biohelminths. From this group, bovine tapeworms and porcine tapeworms parasitize.
The most common of the trematodes are liver and lung flu, which parasitize the intrahepatic bile ducts and small bronchi.
Giardia is a single-celled flagellar parasite that lives in the small intestine and spreads through the fecal-oral route.
Clinical presentation and diagnosis
The clinical picture of a parasitic infection is very non-specific. Often the symptoms are mild and the patient does not pay attention to them. This is due to the fact that parasites use substances that are useful for their growth and development to feed the human body.
Many consider hard work and nervous overload to be the cause of symptoms, delaying a doctor’s visit. Thus, the removal of parasites is not performed and the patient's condition worsens. The main symptoms that occur when the body is colonized by helminths are:
- constant unmotivated fatigue;
- general weakness;
- a sharp change in body weight, usually weight loss;
- intestinal disturbance, mostly transit;
- decreased immunity, manifested by frequent colds;
- presence of chronic diseases that are difficult to control;
- skin problems - dermatitis, fungal, acne and pustular diseases;
- obstructive bronchitis or bronchial asthma.
Methods to cleanse parasites
You can use both medicines and folk remedies to get rid of parasites. But before starting treatment, you need to understand that removing parasites from the human body is a rather complex process that requires a very serious approach.
Therefore, it is highly undesirable to accept any source without consulting a professional. They are toxic at first because their purpose is to kill the worm. Second, different treatment regimens are used for different helminthiasis. Often, multiple worms are identified simultaneously in a patient. Only a trained doctor can choose a treatment regimen that can remove all parasites from the human body.
But there are a number of general recommendations to help you complete the treatment course with the least inconvenience.
- Check your diet. Remove all greasy and sweet foods. Prefer plant foods that are easy to digest and do not overload the stomach and intestines. Rely on fresh vegetables and fruits, preferably raw, drink freshly squeezed juices. Drink plenty of water, ideally mineral water. Cut out sugary soft drinks. Eat enough fiber to help your colon function properly.
- Do not drink alcohol during treatment. Even beer in small portions. This can cause serious side effects. Many patients believe that alcoholic beverages such as cognac can eliminate parasites.
- In addition to the antiparasitic agent, take sorbents and antihistamines. Your doctor will tell you the procedure in detail.
- Hepatoprotectors are prescribed to support liver function.
- Practice good personal hygiene. This element should be the first in the scheme of removing parasites from the human body and also plays an important role in the prevention of helminthiasis.
hygiene includes the following measures.
- Be sure to wash your hands before eating.
- Wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly, whether homemade or imported.
- During the treatment, do a general cleaning at home with disinfectants to help get rid of the eggs of the parasites in the house.
- Wash all laundry at the maximum temperature allowed and then iron with a hot steam iron.
Remove parasites at home
Folk remedies play a helping and rather preventive role in removing parasites from the human body. But this in no way diminishes their importance as they are simple, affordable and not as toxic as drugs.
Flax and carnations
Grind ten teaspoons of flaxseed and one teaspoon of cloves in a coffee grinder. Add the resulting powder to the food or take it separately in a daily dose of 25 g for three days. The course will be held within a month. Three days off alternate every three days of recording.
Coconut milk and coconut paste
Mix the ingredients, leave in the refrigerator for two days. Take 5 ml three times a day before meals for children and 10 ml for adults for a week. Repeat the course after two weeks.
Suitable for pinworms and ascaris. Gently chop the onion, pour boiling water, leave overnight. A medium-sized onion requires a glass of boiling water. Then strain, take half a glass for 3-4 days.
Crush or chop the garlic in a blender, pour the smoothie over boiled water, leave for an hour. Then wrap a cotton swab and bandage, moisten with an infusion, and place in the anus for 20-30 minutes.
Grind a few nuts to make half a cup of powder. Bring the water to a boil, add a little salt. Pour the walnuts for half an hour, strain. Drink several doses with a laxative.
Green-skinned peeled seeds are suitable for removing parasites from the body. They should be moistened with salt water and heated. Eat half a glass of seeds daily.
Alcohol and hot peppers
Some patients treat parasites with cognac and hot peppers. To do this, 50 g of cognac is taken at night and the pepper is simply consumed in large quantities with food. These methods have not been shown to be effective and are not suitable for children. In addition, they should not be used in patients with gastrointestinal or hepatic disease.
Even if one follows all the rules of hygiene carefully, preventive examinations by a doctor should not be neglected. This helps identify the disease in the initial stages, when the number of individuals in the body is small and it is much easier to deal with them.